Monday, January 22, 2018

Fixer Upper

Like the popular HGTV show, it is possible to get an inexpensive, or in this case free, building and make it into a nice looking model.  I was given this built, but in need of TLC, tower a few years ago.  I have just started the process of upgrading it.  I started by removing the upper set of window castings on the end of the tower.  To get them to fit the kit, the had been put in at an angle and did not look so good, replaced the upper sill with thinner styrene and now the window fit.  I need to replace to roof and upgrade the paint.
The upper front windows fit fine and did not need reworking.

Here is one end with the upper windows reworked.  The
casting has a decent size crack, not a huge issue in the brick,
but the door will need a bit of a patch 
I have a couple of Branchline laser kits that need some rework as well.  More diamonds in the rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment