Thursday, January 18, 2018

Wordless Wednesday Followup


Yesterday’s image was of a railroad valuation map of Putnam, Connecticut taped to the wall where I plan to build it.  You can see that the wall is in need of a lot of work, framing, insulation wiring and of course dry wall.  I hope to tackle that this spring, once the weather breaks as I like to do all the cutting of lumber and drywall outside to reduce that amount of dust I am introducing into the basement. 

The Valuation map was down loaded in pieces from the Digital Archive Collections at the University of Connecticut.  They have many maps and aerial photographs of Connecticut as well as the archives of the New Haven Railroad.  One of these days I really need to go down and visit the facility and do some research that I am unable to do online.

No comments:

Post a Comment