|Here is the underframe. I added .030 thick styrene strips to each side to
compensate for the thinner brass sides from the original plastic.
The floor drilled and tapped for 2-56 screws for trucks and couplers.
|Here is the roof before I added the .030 styrene to the taps on the side.
|When adding the .030 strips, make sure to lave a blank area
for the vestibule window.
|Here is the roof with the styrene
|Here are two cars with the roofs temporally added.
|Here are the diaphragms I use for the cars, I would
recommend the ones molded in black.
|Here are the TSP truck kit.
|Here are three cars. I built two per what I just wrote up, the third I
did a while ago using a TSP core kit.
This was a fun way to clean up stuff that is sitting around the train room, not going out and buying Walthers PS cars saved a lot of money (and time). These may no be sate of the art cars form Rapido or Walthers, but the look good on the layout and I am not waiting for somebody to bring them out in HO scale. If you don't have or can not find the brass sides, Union Starion Products makes the sides in styrene.