Friday, March 27, 2020

Duke's Diner

This is the basic parts of Duke's Diner.  The Cast Resin body I found on line, the base I built out of sheet styrene and the stairs that are from a Walthers kit I had kicking around.  I used N Scale Architect brick sheet to wrap the base and stairs.

Here it is with silver paint on the body and brick that is a bit too bright.  I covered some of the windows for the "kitchen" area of the diner. I do need to remove the cross piece in the front left window to match the prototype.  I do need make the sign for the roof and add glass.

Here is the real on in 1958.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow Jim - that came out really great! I'm long overdue for a visit to your layout & hope we can make that happen SOMEtime this year...