Monday, January 22, 2018

Lost Weekend


This past weekend was to be the first in two weekends that were to be very model railroad centric. This coming weekend is of course the very large Amherst Railway Society Railroad Hobby show in West Springfield, MA. http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/ I am going on Saturday and meeting friends for dinner afterwards.  It is a huge show, over 400,000 square feet of space, per the web site.  Not only is it dealer, it is manufactures, historical societies and lots of layouts.

This past week end I was to join Chris Adams at his Valley Railroad for an operation session. I have a link to his fantastic layout in the margin of the blog.  His layout is almost like two railroads in one, much like the actual New Haven Railroad he so faithfully models.  The largest portion is of course the New Haven’s valley line, a single track branch line that was served strictly with local fright, no passenger trains in his late 1940’s time frame as well as a four track high density main line going through Old Saybrook CT. Well, I made it a nearly 1/3 of the way to Chris’s house when my car decide it did not want to continue on.  Fortunately I have AAA gold card and was able to get my Honda towed back to my dealer in Manchester, NH and got it repaired by 3PM on Saturday.  I was able to get down to the basement of a bit on Sunday and able to get a couple of projects moved alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment